- Best Cash Back Credit Cards
- Travel Credit Cards
- Lowest Interest Credit Cards
- 0% Interest Introductory Offer Credit Cards
- Credit Cards with the Best Signup Bonuses
- Best 0% Balance Transfer Credit Cards
- Business Credit Cards
- Instant Approval Credit Cards
- Fair Credit Credit Cards
- Bad Credit Unsecured Credit Cards
- Store Credit Cards
- Ultimate Credit Card List
Key credit card statistics:
- Average credit card interest rate: 19.97%
- Average credit card debt… Per Person: $5439.99. Per Household: $8293.81.
- Average credit card limit… Per Card: $4698. Per Cardholder: $18,133.
- Average number of credit cards per person: 3.86*
- Credit card default rate: 3.44%**
- Total consumer debt: $3.84 trillion ($1.03 trillion credit card debt)
Everyone wants to know what the best credit card is, but nobody wants to hear the real answer: there is NO best credit card, only the best credit card for you. Consider:
- If you have a balance on your credit card, the best card for you is the one with the lowest interest rate.
- If you pay your full balance every month, the best credit card for you is a rewards credit card, BUT…
- The best rewards card for you depends on… you. Do you want airline miles, cash back or gift cards, points toward merchandise rewards, or some other rewards scheme?
Updated February 21, 2018 – If you have bad credit and want a credit card, it’s difficult to be approved for an unsecured credit card with no deposit required. The list below, however, features unsecured credit cards to consider even with bad credit. Approval is not guaranteed, but these are cards that either work with average to poor credit people, or have been rumored to give a second chance to those with bad credit.
- – Pre-qualify today without an impact on your credit score. Helping consumers with limited or damaged credit make a fresh start for over 12 years. Prior bankruptcy is OK. Account history is reported to the three major credit bureaus in the U.S. ++
- – See if you Pre-Qualify without harming your credit score. 1% cash back on eligible purchases, terms apply. No deposit requirements and opportunities to build your credit. ++
Updated February 21, 2018 – The Toys R Us / Babies R Us credit cards are issued in partnership with Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and it is Synchrony Bank that you will deal with when it comes to making payments online or by mail, or for customer service help. The information below will help you accomplish any of these tasks:
- If you want to pay your Toys R Us / Babies R Us credit card bill online, .
Updated February 20, 2018 – Below is our ranking of the best no-annual-fee credit cards that offer zero percent interest rates on new purchases AND balance transfers for at least 12 billing cycles. After the zero percent period the rate changes back to the higher, “normal” rate offered by that card. Most 0% balance transfer offers do include a balance transfer fee.
- – You get a 0% interest rate on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months with this card, and you pay no balance transfer fee if you transfer that balance in the first 60 days. (Balances transferred after 60 days would have a 3% fee attached.) After the 0% period is over, your interest rate may be anywhere from 13.24% to 23.24% depending on your credit history.
- – Offers a 0% interest rate on purchases as well as balance transfers for 15 months and NO FEE on balance transfers. APR after 15 months: 14.24% to 25.24% depending on your credit.
Updated February 20, 2018 – The Eddie Bauer credit card is issued in partnership with Comenity Bank. You will be dealing with Comenity Bank when it comes to paying your Eddie Bauer credit card bill online or by mail, or if you need customer service help. Info on completing any or all of these tasks is below:
- If you’d like to pay your Eddie Bauer credit card bill online, .
Updated February 20, 2018 – TJ Maxx credit cards are issued by Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and in order to pay your TJ Maxx credit card bill online, or by mail, or by phone, or to talk to someone about your bill, you will need to go through Synchrony Bank. Here’s what to do:
- If you want to log in to your TJ Maxx account and pay your bill online, .
Updated February 19, 2018 – If you carry a National Tire & Battery (NTB) credit card issued by Citibank, see below for all the links & information you might need to pay your bill online, by phone, or by mail, or to reach customer service if you have a question or concern:
- If you want to pay your NTB credit card bill online, .
Updated February 19, 2018 – Below are basic consumer debt numbers for the past 20 years, , often simply referred to as “the Fed.” These numbers are for total outstanding debt, then broken down by revolving debt (mainly credit card debt) and non-revolving debt (auto loans, student loans, boat loans, etc.). Note that traditional mortgage debt is NOT included in these numbers; mortgage debt is .)
Current year numbers are reported based on each quarter or month, while past years are reported based on the outstanding debt at year-end:
- Most Current, ending December, 2017 (preliminary numbers, subject to later revision): — Total Outstanding Debt: $3.84 trillion, Revolving Debt: $1.03 trillion, Non-Revolving Debt: $2.81 trillion
- 3rd quarter (ending September 30, 2017): Total Outstanding Debt: $3.77 trillion, Revolving Debt: $1 trillion, Non-Revolving Debt: $2.77 trillion
- 2nd Quarter (ending June 30, 2017): Total Outstanding Debt: $3.73 trillion, Revolving Debt: $992 billion, Non-Revolving Debt: $2.74 trillion
- 1st Quarter (ending March 31, 2017): Total Outstanding Debt: $3.69 trillion, Revolving Debt: $980 billion, Non-Revolving Debt: $2.71 trillion
Updated February 19, 2018 – Below is the info you need to pay your Capital One credit card bill either online, by mail, or by phone, plus information on how to reach Capital One customer service for other assistance.
- If you want to pay your Capital One credit card bill online, .
Updated February 19, 2018 – If you have a credit card from Credit One Bank, here’s all the information you’ll need to access your account online, get your bill paid, or to reach a Credit One customer service representative by phone:
- You can log in and pay your bill online .
Updated February 16, 2018 – Your Kohl’s credit card can be paid online, by mail, or in a Kohl’s store. Below you’ll find information on how to pay in any of these ways, or to get customer service help:
- If you want to log in to your Kohl’s credit card account and pay online, .
Updated February 16, 2018 – Walmart credit cards are issued in partnership with Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and it is Synchrony you will interact with when it comes to paying your bill online or by mail, or to get customer service assistance.
Below is all the information you need to complete any of these tasks:
- To access your account and make a Walmart credit card payment online, you can .
albinamatveeva.ru estimates that the average limit on a credit card in the United States is $4698. If we include all the credit cards an average American carries, the average available credit per person on credit cards is $18,133.
Using breakdowns between types of customers based on a report by credit reporting agency Experian in 2015, we estimate per-card credit limits for consumers based on their credit history:
- Super-Prime (Credit score of 781-850): $12,097 limit per card
- Prime (661-780 credit score): $6624 limit per card
- Near Prime (601-660 credit score): $2890 per card
- Subprime (500-600 credit score): $1222 per card
- Deep Subprime (300-499 credit score): $658 per card