- Cash Back Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
- Travel Credit Cards
- Credit Cards with the Best Signup Bonuses
- Lowest Interest Credit Cards
- Best 0% Balance Transfer Credit Cards
- 0% Interest Introductory Offer Credit Cards
- Instant Approval Credit Cards
- Fair Credit Credit Cards
- Bad Credit: Unsecured Credit Cards and Secured Credit Cards
- Business Credit Cards
- No Annual Fee Credit Cards
- College Student Credit Cards
- Credit Cards with No Foreign Transaction Fees
- MasterCard Credit Cards | Visa Credit Cards
- Reloadable Prepaid Cards
Key credit card statistics for the month of September, 2017:
- Average credit card interest rate: 19.65%
- Average credit card debt… Per Person: $5284.54. Per Household: $8056.81.
- Average credit card limit… Per Card: $4564. Per Person: $17,615.
- Average number of credit cards per person: 3.86*
- Credit card default rate: 3.31%**
- Total consumer debt: $3.75 trillion ($994.5 billion credit card debt)
Everyone wants to know what the best credit card is, but nobody wants to hear the real answer: there is NO best credit card, only the best credit card for you. Consider:
- If you have a balance on your credit card, the best card for you is the one with the lowest interest rate.
- If you pay your full balance every month, the best credit card for you is a rewards credit card, BUT…
- The best rewards card for you depends on… you. Do you want airline miles, cash back or gift cards, points toward merchandise rewards, or some other rewards scheme?
The Toys R Us / Babies R Us credit cards are issued in partnership with Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and it is Synchrony Bank that you will deal with when it comes to making payments online or by mail, or for customer service help. The information below will help you accomplish any of these tasks:
- If you want to pay your Toys R Us / Babies R Us credit card bill online, .
Furniture and home decor retailer World Market (aka, Cost Plus World Market) in partnership with Comenity Capital Bank that allows you to earn rewards with every purchase. Is the card good enough to add to your wallet? Our overview/review is below:
The first thing to know about the World Market credit card is that it is a MasterCard. This is good, because it tells you that you can use this card not only at World Market, but also anywhere else that MasterCard is accepted (which is almost everywhere). Many other retailer credit cards are accepted only at those retail chains, limiting their usefulness. In addition, every time you open a new credit card, it causes a temporary hit to your credit score, so it is better to open credit accounts that can be used widely, such as the World Market MasterCard.
Chevron & Texaco credit cards are issued in partnership with Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and it’s Synchrony that you will deal with when it comes to making payments online or by mail, or to get customer service assistance. Information to get any of these things done is below:
- If you want to pay your Chevron credit card payment online, .
Comenity Bank (formerly World Financial Network National Bank, or WFNNB) is the company behind many retail store credit cards. When you become a credit card customer of J.Crew, Victoria’s Secret, or one of their other partner retailers, you actually become a customer of Comenity Bank, because Comenity is actually issuing the card. Comenity Bank credit cards include:
Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank) is the bank that is “really” behind many of the most popular retail credit cards out there. This means that if you have one of these cards, it is Synchrony Bank that is extending you credit and it is Synchrony you will be dealing with in the future, not the company whose name is on the front of the card. Synchrony Bank credit cards include:
TJ Maxx credit cards are issued by Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and in order to pay your TJ Maxx credit card bill or talk to someone about your bill, you will need to go through Synchrony Bank. Here’s what to do:
- If you want to log in to your TJ Maxx account and pay your bill online, .
If you have a credit card from Credit One Bank, here’s all the information you’ll need to access your account online, get your bill paid, or to reach a Credit One customer service representative by phone:
- You can log in and pay your bill online .
Most Lowe’s credit cards (other than the Business Rewards American Express) are issued by Synchrony Bank, and it is Synchrony Bank you will interact with in order to pay your bill online or by mail, or to get customer service help. Below you’ll find the info you need to do any of these things:
- To log in to your Lowe’s credit card account online and make a payment, .
is a cash back credit card that offers different levels of cash rebates depending on the type of purchases you make with the card. Is it the best credit card for you? How does it stack up against the competition? Our review is below:
The first thing we obviously want to look at with the Blue Cash Everyday card is the cash back formula. With this card, you’ll get:
- 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets, on up to $6000 worth of purchases per year. (If you spend more than $6000 at supermarkets in a year, you’ll get 1% cash back on the purchases beyond $6K.)
- 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at many U.S. department stores (including , but not stores like Walmart or Target)
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
Rewards credit cards are any credit card that offers you something back in exchange for using it — the more you get back, the better. We also have a fondness for cards that have no annual fee. Below we offer a list of rewards cards that offer a variety of options, from cash back to travel to points programs, and offer credit to customers from fair credit to excellent credit:
- – See if you Pre-Qualify without harming your credit score. 1% cash back on eligible purchases, terms apply. No deposit requirements and opportunities to build your credit. ++
- – Receive 1% cash back on eligible purchases and double cash back at the NASCAR.com Superstore. Terms apply. $0 Fraud Liability protects you from unauthorized charges. Email or text alerts to remind you when your payment is due. ++
The Pottery Barn credit card is issued in partnership with Comenity Bank, and it is Comenity you will deal with when it comes to making payments online or by mail, or if you need customer service assistance. The information you need to complete any of these tasks is below:
- If you want to pay your Pottery Barn credit card bill online, .