- Cash Back Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
- Travel Credit Cards
- Credit Cards with the Best Signup Bonuses
- Lowest Interest Credit Cards
- Best 0% Balance Transfer Credit Cards
- 0% Interest Introductory Offer Credit Cards
- Instant Approval Credit Cards
- Bad Credit: Unsecured Credit Cards and Secured Credit Cards
- Business Credit Cards
- College Student Credit Cards
- Credit Cards with No Foreign Transaction Fees
- MasterCard Credit Cards
- Reloadable Prepaid Cards
Key credit card statistics for the month of July, 2017:
- Average credit card interest rate: 19.55%
- Average credit card debt… Per Person: $5419.59. Per Household: $8262.71.
- Average credit card limit… Per Card: $4646. Per Person: $17,935.
- Average number of credit cards per person: 3.86*
- Credit card default rate: 3.31%**
Everyone wants to know what the best credit card is, but nobody wants to hear the real answer: there is NO best credit card, only the best credit card for you. Consider:
- If you have a balance on your credit card, the best card for you is the one with the lowest interest rate.
- If you pay your full balance every month, the best credit card for you is a rewards credit card, BUT…
- The best rewards card for you depends on… you. Do you want airline miles, cash back or gift cards, points toward merchandise rewards, or some other rewards scheme?
Below is a partial list of the many prepaid debit cards on the market that allow you to reload more money onto them and use them indefinitely. (Prepaid credit cards are in contrast to debit gift cards that run out once you’ve used the balance on the card.)
- – Reloadable American Express card with low fees. You’ll pay a $1 monthly fee if you don’t add $500 or more to the card during the month, no fee if you do. ATMs are free, but you will pay $2.50 if you use ATMs outside the MoneyPass network. There are also 2 variations on the card that come with a monthly fee but have other perks the standard card does not have.
- – Get a NetSpend MasterCard or Visa and use the card wherever those types of cards are accepted, both online and in person. Fees include either a monthly fee of $9.95 that covers most transactions or a per-transaction formula that charges you $2 anytime you use the card to make a purchase. Also charges $2.50 on most ATM withdrawals regardless of plan. See site for other fees.
Most Lowe’s credit cards (other than the Business Rewards American Express) are issued by Synchrony Bank, and it is Synchrony Bank you will interact with in order to pay your bill online or by mail, or to get customer service help. Below you’ll find the info you need to do any of these things:
- To log in to your Lowe’s credit card account online and make a payment, .
Below is the info you need to pay your Capital One credit card bill either online or offline, plus information on how to reach Capital One customer service. (NOTE: If you’ve reached this page via a search engine, you are NOT on Capital One’s site; do not ask us for info on your account!)
- If you want to pay your Capital One credit card bill online, .
Comenity Bank (formerly World Financial Network National Bank, or WFNNB) is the company behind many retail store credit cards. When you become a credit card customer of J.Crew, Victoria’s Secret, or one of their other partner retailers, you actually become a customer of Comenity Bank, because Comenity is actually issuing the card. Comenity Bank credit cards include:
Walmart credit cards are issued in partnership with Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and it is Synchrony you will interact with when it comes to paying your bill online or by mail, or to get customer service assistance.
Below is all the information you need to complete any of these tasks:
- To access your account and make a Walmart credit card payment online, you can .
The Lord & Taylor credit card is issued by Capital One, and it is Capital One you will interact with when you pay your bill online or by mail, or if you need customer service help. Below is all the information you need to complete any of these tasks:
- If you want to pay your Lord & Taylor credit card online, .
United Airlines credit cards are issued in partnership with Chase, and in order to pay your United credit card bill or get help with payment questions or problems, you will go through Chase. Here’s what to do:
- To pay your United Airlines credit card bill online, .
The is a MasterCard that offers a great introductory interest rate on purchases and balance transfers but fewer ongoing perks than other cards. Is it worth adding to your wallet? See our overview/review below:
The target customer for the Citi Diamond Preferred is someone who is willing to give up rewards in exchange for perks on the interest rate end. The card’s main selling points:
- 0% interest rate on purchases for 21 months
- 0% on balance transfers for 21 months (but a 3% fee on the amount of the transfer)
- A lower interest rate range than Citi reward cards, between 13.49% and 23.49%.
While there are plenty of great credit cards on the market, not all of them are accessible to the person getting a credit card for the first time. Whether you are a recent graduate, new to the country, or just haven’t been interested in getting a credit card before, your lack of a credit history may limit your options. (If you are still in college, see our student credit card section for first time credit users.)
If you get any of these starter credit cards, we would suggest you use them for a year, make all of your payments on time, and then apply for a better card with the rewards or interest rate you really want.
The Toys R Us / Babies R Us credit cards are issued in partnership with Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and it is Synchrony Bank that you will deal with when it comes to making payments online or by mail, or for customer service help. The information below will help you accomplish any of these tasks:
- If you want to pay your Toys R Us / Babies R Us credit card bill online, .
TJ Maxx credit cards are issued by Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and in order to pay your TJ Maxx credit card bill or talk to someone about your bill, you will need to go through Synchrony Bank. Here’s what to do:
- If you want to log in to your TJ Maxx account and pay your bill online, .
The Old Navy credit card is issued in partnership with Synchrony Bank, and it is Synchrony you will interact with in order to pay your bill online or by mail, or to reach customer service for help. Information on completing any of these tasks is below:
- To make a payment to your Old Navy credit card online, .
Many people think of credit cards as devilish predators, constantly circling, waiting for you to succumb to the temptation and plunge yourself into debt. In this scenario, credit cards are easy to get, maybe even being inserted into your wallet while you’ve got your back turned.
Yes, some credit card companies will do just about anything to get you to take one of their cards. Bu not all. In fact, some are actually quite picky. Below we offer a short list of credit cards that like to play hard to get:
- American Express Centurion – Better known as the “American Express Black Card,” this is the invitation-only credit card reserved for the biggest of spenders. While there is no stated minimum income or minimum spend in order to get this card, you are only invited after you’ve been a big spender on some other American Express card. Spending of over $250,000 on a previous American Express Card, income of $1 million+, and an excellent credit score are said to be the very lowest hurdles you must clear to be considered for the card. You’ll pay a $7500 initiation fee and a $2500 yearly fee to keep the card. Is it worth it? Hard to say, as the perks aren’t published for the everyday person, but it is rumored that the card offers no credit limit, first-class upgrades on just about any type of travel, and other exclusive goodies. Hard to get? Oh, yes.
Stein Mart’s credit card is offered in partnership with Synchrony Bank (formerly GE Capital Retail Bank), and it is Synchrony Bank you will interact with in order to pay your bill online or by mail, or to get customer service help. Information on completing any of these tasks is below:
- If you’d like to make your Stein Mart credit card payment online, .
If you have a credit card from Credit One Bank, here’s all the information you’ll need to access your account online, get your bill paid, or to reach a Credit One customer service representative by phone:
- You can log in and pay your bill online .
If you are a current Merrick Bank credit card holder, below you’ll find all the information you need to make a payment online or by mail, or to get help from a Merrick Bank customer service representative:
- If you’d like to pay your Merrick Bank credit card bill online, and make a payment.