Instant approval credit cards can be defined in two different ways:
1. You get approved today and can instantly begin using your new credit line. (Yay! No waiting!)
2. You get approved today but don’t get the card until later. (Not bad.)
Apply and Use Your Card Today
If your idea of instant approval means you get to start making purchases the same day you apply, your best option is store-branded and catalog credit cards. Many retail stores are so eager to sign you up they will get you approved while you are standing at the checkout counter (or sitting at your computer).
– Internet/catalog retailer offers instant credit approval and shopping on the same day for most customers. Has a long history of working with people who’ve had “credit challenges in the past.” You can finance items today from its extensive catalog of clothing, electronics, home furnishings, more.
You will not see any of the major credit card issuers giving you instant approval to use the card today. However, at least four credit card companies claim they might give you an instant decision on your application, allowing you to know if you’ve been approved or whether you should apply elsewhere.
Those companies are:
- – Most every credit card and charge card application includes the message “Get a decision in as little as 60 seconds.”
- – Most Bank of America credit cards have the message “Get a response in as little as 60 seconds” on their online applications.
- – “Get an instant response” when you apply for one of this bank’s credit cards or cards it issues for others, including the NFL credit card, Priceline credit card, JetBlue, more.
- – Within the FAQ section of their site we found this statement: “Capital One will attempt to provide a decision in 60 seconds or less.”
“As little as…”
You may notice that none of the card companies listed above is saying that it is guaranteed that you will receive instant approval or even that you will receive an instant decision, but they’d like you to know that you could. In our experience, the better your credit history, the more likely it is that you will receive instant approval, although you still won’t actually get your card and be able to use it for one or two weeks. If your credit is bad, you might have to wait on a decision, or your instant decision may be a quick “NO”.
Other cards that have instant approval and can be used today include:
- The promotes “Save 20% (up to $50) on your first online purchase today.”
- The has a promotion “Save 15% Today” tied to its credit card application page, suggesting instant approval.
- The says you can “save 20% today & tomorrow” when you open an account.
- The encourages you with this message: ” If approved, you can sign in to access your card online and start shopping right away.”
- The says you can get an “instant credit decision in as little as 15 seconds.”
Whether being approved for a credit card in an instant is really in your best interests is of course debatable, but it definitely can be done.
++ Indicates that this site receives compensation when you are approved for this card.