Furniture and home decor retailer Z Gallerie, in partnership with Comenity Bank, that allows you to finance your purchases and earn rewards toward future purchases. Our review of the Z Gallerie credit card is below:
The first thing to note is that the Z Gallerie credit card is accepted only at Z Gallerie, nowhere else. This limited acceptance is a turnoff to us — do you really want to open a new credit line just for this one retail chain?
Virgin America credit cards are issued in partnership with Comenity Capital Bank, and it is Comenity you will deal with when it comes to making a payment on your Virgin Visa online or by mail, or to get customer service assistance. Below you’ll find all of the information you need to accomplish any of these tasks:
- If you’d like to pay your Virgin America credit card bill online, to make a payment.
Dell does not actually offer a physical credit card, but it offers financing through WebBank that acts just the same as a credit card. Dell calls this the .
If you are a SunTrust Bank credit card holder, below you’ll find all of the information you need to pay your credit card online or by mail, or to get customer service help:
- If you’d like to pay your SunTrust credit card bill online, to make a payment.
If you are completely overwhelmed by credit card debt, you may feel like throwing up your hands and saying, “I quit! I’ll never get this paid off!” Don’t do it! Defaulting on your credit card debt can seriously damage your credit history, to the point where you may not be able to get credit at all for a very long time.
But how to pay it off? What’s the best way to start feeling like you are getting somewhere?
If you have a Motley Fool credit card issued in partnership with Pentagon Federal Credit Union, below you’ll find all the information you need to make a card payment online or by mail, or to get customer service assistance:
- To make your Motley Fool credit card payment online, on any page of the PenFed site — look for the login area in the upper-right corner after you click through.
Sheetz gas stations & convenience stores, in partnership with First National Bank of Omaha, that gives you an immediate gas discount as well as the ability to earn points toward other rewards. Our overview / review of the card is below:
The Sheetz credit card is a Visa card, meaning that you can use it at Sheetz as well as anywhere else that Visa is accepted (which is almost anywhere). This wide acceptance is a point in the card’s favor — if you’re going to open a new credit card, it’s best to get one that you can use at more than just a few locations. (But note — Sheetz may approve you for an alternate card that is NOT a Visa if your credit history is not good enough! The rewards are similar, but that card is not accepted outside Sheetz and the interest rate is much higher, so make sure you know what you are getting!)
Neiman Marcus, in partnership with Capital One, good at Neiman Marcus stores as well as at its sister stores Bergdorf Goodman, Horchow, Last Call, and CUSP.
The card offers an InCircle rewards program that gives you 2 points for every dollar charged with the card. Once you reach 10,000 points, you get a $100 Neiman Marcus gift card.
The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) to its members, in partnership with Bank of America. We offer an overview / review of each card below:
- The is really just an existing Bank of American card with the AICPA logo slapped on it, which is fine, but it doesn’t give you any special benefits you couldn’t get otherwise. It’s a nice cash back card that gives you a 3% rebate on gas, 2% rebate at grocery stores, and 1% everywhere else. Note that the the larger gas/grocery reward is capped; purchases beyond $1500 per quarter in those categories revert to a 1% rebate.
The current average credit card rate for the overall market is 18.49%. This is a significant jump from December’s 18.38% average — but not an unexpected jump given the recent hike in Federal interest rates. We expect to see this average rise again next month, as some banks have not yet adjusted their credit card pricing in response to last month’s interest rate hike.
For further comparison of card rate trends, we note that the average credit card rate at this time last year was 17.94%, over a half percentage point lower (55 basis points) than today.
Below you’ll find current average rates in several card categories:
- The average rate for low interest credit cards with no rewards increased to 15.89% this month, compared to 15.73% last month. (Last year’s average rate in this category was 15.02%.)
- The average rate for rewards credit cards has increased to 18.67%, up from 18.56% in December. (Last year’s average rate at this time: 17.92%.)
- The average rate for department store / retail credit cards is 22.65%, up slightly from 22.61% last month. (The retail credit card average, while very high, is actually down from last year at this time, when a 22.84% rate was calculated.)
BMO Harris Bank, with locations throughout the Midwest as well as Florida, offers , though it’s difficult to understand why you would choose at least a couple of them. Our review of the Harris Bank cards is below:
The thing we like best about all of the BMO Harris Bank credit cards is that they have low interest rates. Even the cards with rewards have very reasonable rates, which is rare in the industry.
Arvest Bank, with locations in close to a dozen states in the south-central United States, to its customers — which card you get will depend on your credit history. (Note that Arvest does not offer its credit cards outside its regular operating area.) Below we give an overview / review of the cards from Arvest:
For most card customers, the only real difference between the 3 Arvest credit cards is the interest rate:
- – The 10.9% interest rate is a good rate, provided you qualify for this card.
- – The 13.9% rate on this card is OK, too, though not great.
- – Offers a 17.9% interest rate, which is not so good, but still lower than many other credit cards on the market if your credit is less-than-stellar.
The Zales credit card is offered in partnership with Citibank, and it is Citi you will interact with in order to pay your bill online or by mail, or to get customer service assistance. All of the information you need to complete any of these tasks is below:
- If you’d like to pay your Zales credit card bill online, to make a payment.
Bank of the West offers for customers of various credit types, though none of the cards are especially appealing when compared to the wider market. Our overview / review of the cards is below:
- The is a basic no-annual-fee credit card with no rewards program and the lowest interest rate of the bank’s cards — 16.99%. It also offers a 0% rate on purchases for the first 6 months you have it. We’re not so impressed by this offering — if your credit is good enough to qualify for this card and you are most interested in having a great rate, check out other options on our Low Interest Credit Cards page.
Armed Forces Bank, located mainly on military bases or in military-heavy cities, offers two credit cards to its customers, one for those with strong credit and one for those who are building credit for the first time (or rebuilding after past credit problems). Continue reading