Ralphs supermarkets, in partnership with US Bank, you can use to earn points toward future Ralphs purchases. Our overview / review of the Ralphs credit card is below:
The Ralphs credit card is officially known as the Ralphs Rewards Plus Visa, and this is a good thing, because the “Visa” in the name tells you that this card is accepted widely — anywhere Visa is accepted. Here at albinamatveeva.ru we prefer cards with wide acceptance vs. retail credit cards that can only be used at a single chain. So, the fact the Ralphs card is a Visa is a point in its favor.
Now, let’s look at the rewards this card offers. You get:
- 2 points per dollar on purchases at Ralphs store as well as any other Kroger-family stores. (Ralphs is owned by Kroger.)
- 3 points per dollar on purchases of Kroger-family brand products (also known as “store brand” items).
- 1 point per dollar on purchases outside of Ralphs / Kroger stores.
For every 1,000 points you earn, you get a $5 certificate toward future Ralphs purchases.
We have 2 issues with the reward program:
- In most reward programs, one reward point equals one penny — 1000 points would generally earn you $10 worth of rewards, for example. In the case of the Ralphs card, though, your points are only worth a half-cent — 1000 points only equals $5.00 in rewards. Pretty stingy.
- Rewards are only given out 4 times per year. So, if you’ve earned a lot of points you don’t get them right away. This isn’t necessarily a big deal, but it also seems unnecessary.
The Ralphs credit card has an interest rate as low as 14.49%, but you could also be approved at a rate as high as 24.49% if your credit isn’t good. You do not want a credit card with an interest rate near or beyond 20%, so pass this one by if your credit history isn’t very good, especially if you have a habit of carrying balances on your credit cards — the interest you pay will essentially cancel out the rewards you earn.
Overall, we can’t really recommend the Ralphs card for the reasons stated above. There are several cards on the market that offer better rewards on your purchases — see our Best Cash Back Credit Cards page to see what else is out there.
However, if you are determined to get this card, you can .