Designer Shoe Warehouse, better known as DSW, that allows you to earn points toward future DSW purchases, including the possibility of totally free shoes. Our overview / review of the DSW credit card is below:
The DSW Rewards Visa (formerly known as the Shoe Lover Visa) is sort of an extension of the existing DSW Rewards program, tacking on some new ways to earn points, in particular on purchases NOT made at DSW. (Because it’s a Visa, you can obviously use this credit card at many retailers, not just at DSW.)
Here’s the rewards formula you get as a cardholder:
- 20 points per dollar on DSW purchases made at regular price (10 points from the DSW Rewards program + 10 points from the card).
- 2 points per dollar on purchases outside of DSW.
For every 1500 points you earn, you get a $10 rewards certificate (which must be used within 90 days). If you earn multiple certificates, you can combine up to 3 of them toward a DSW purchase — up to the full purchase price of an item.
In addition to the rewards certificates, the DSW credit card offers you:
- Free returns on DSW.com purchases.
- Special discounts such as birthday discounts and double points offers.
- The opportunity to earn a $25 reward upfront if you spend at least $500 with the card outside of DSW in the first 90 days.
The DSW credit card is issued in partnership with Comenity Bank. It has no annual fee. DSW no longer publishes interest rate information online, but the most recent information we had showed that you’ll pay at least 15% interest but could pay as high as 25% interest depending on your credit history. If you ever carry a balance on your credit cards, you do not want to have this Visa at an interest rate over 25% — the interest you pay will cancel out any rewards you receive.
That said, if you’d like to apply for the DSW Visa, you’ll find .