Express clothing stores, in partnership with Comenity Bank, you can use to earn rewards toward future Express purchases. But watch that interest rate! Our overview / review of the Express credit cards is below:
The first thing to know about the Express credit cards is that they are only accepted at Express — you can’t use them anywhere else. We are not fans of opening a new credit line with such limited usage unless there is something really great in terms of rewards. Are the Express credit cards good enough to make it worth it?
Maybe, especially if you are a frequent Express customer. Here’s what you get in terms of rewards:
- 15 points per dollar charged to the card
- A $10 reward card at every 2500 points earned, or a $15 reward card if you are an “A-List” cardholder that has earned 7500 points in the past year ($500 in purchases).
- 15% off your first purchase with the card.
- An “exclusive” birthday gift each year
- Free shipping for A-List cardholders on Express.com orders.
So, the rewards are OK, or even pretty great if you qualify as an A-Lister. However, there is one big thing to note before you go out and apply for this: The interest rate.
If you EVER carry a balance on your credit cards, pass this one by. You definitely don’t need to be paying almost 25% more for your Express purchases, and by doing so you’ll basically cancel out any rewards you receive.
That said, if you can handle it, you’ll find an online Express credit card application .