Outdoor sport and clothing retailer Orvis, in partnership with First National Bank of Omaha’s First Bankcard, you can use to collect points toward free Orvis merchandise. Our overview / review of the card is below:
The first thing to like about the Orvis credit card is that it is a Visa card, meaning you can use it at Orvis plus anywhere else Visa is accepted. We prefer credit cards that have greater acceptance vs. cards that are only accepted at a single retail chain, and this card meets that goal.
The Orvis credit card offers you rewards on each purchase:
- You get 3 points per dollar on Orvis purchases.
- You get 1 point per dollar on all other card purchases
Every time you reach 2500 points, you get a $25 Orvis gift card for a future Orvis purchase.
In addition, the card offers:
- One bonus $25 Orvis gift card after you use the card for the first time, as long as you use it within the first 3 billing cycles after getting the card.
- 20% off your first card purchase at Orvis.com.
- Free shipping on all Orvis orders purchased with the card.
As far as the card’s interest rate goes, your interest rate will depend on your credit history. You could be approved at a rate of 14.24%, or 17.24%, or 20.24%. If you are stuck with the 20.24% rate and you don’t have a history of paying your cards off in full, you don’t want to use this card. Otherwise the rates aren’t bad in comparison to many other cards on the market. There is no annual fee for the Orvis Visa.
Overall we give the Orvis Visa a thumbs-up. If you’d like to apply online, .