If you have bad credit and want a credit card, it’s easy to get a secured credit card with an annual fee, but more difficult to be approved for an unsecured credit card with no fee. The list below features unsecured credit cards you might apply for even with bad credit. There is no guarantee of approval, but these are cards that either work with average to poor credit people, or have been rumored to give a second chance to those with bad credit.
- – Pre-qualify today without an impact on your credit score. Helping consumers with limited or damaged credit make a fresh start for over 12 years. Prior bankruptcy is OK. Account history is reported to the three major credit bureaus in the U.S. ++
- – Internet/catalog retailer with a long history of working with people who’ve had “credit challenges in the past.” Offers an unsecured credit card to let you finance items from its extensive catalog of clothing, electronics, home furnishings, more. ++
- – See if you Pre-Qualify without harming your credit score. 1% cash back on eligible purchases, terms apply. No deposit requirements and opportunities to build your credit. ++
- – This card is marketed by Capital One for “average credit” customers, but Capital One uses criteria such as having defaulted on a loan in the last 5 years as still qualifying as average credit, which signals that they probably consider bad credit customers. It has no annual fee but a very big 24.99% interest rate.
Store Credit Cards
Credit cards from retail stores are often easier to be approved for on an unsecured basis, but they also usually carry very high interest rates. For example:
- – You can probably get approved for this card, which will let you stock up on office supplies at a sky-high 28.74% interest rate!
- – May approve bad credit customers for an unsecured credit card, but the interest rate is an astounding 26.99%!
- – Another unsecured credit card but with a 27.49% APR (annual percentage rate).
- – May approve less-than-perfect credit customers, but notice the 25.99% interest rate.
- – Unsecured store credit card has a 24.49% or 25.49% interest rate.
- – Unsecured card that can also be used at Old Navy and Banana Republic and Athleta in addition to the GAP. Carries a 25.49% interest rate.
- – Unsecured gas credit card has a 27.49% interest rate.
++ Indicates that this site receives compensation when you are approved for this card.